Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF)
The Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) under guidance of the Board of Directors is providing opportunities to the talented but needy students to fulfill their dreams and aspirations and at the same time to become partner in the development and welfare of Pakistan.
The PEEF, since its inception in 2009 has awarded more than 374,000 scholarships to students of Punjab and other provinces which are currently pursuing education through public and private sector institutions and Centre of Excellence like LUMS, NUST, FAST, IBA Karachi, GIKI Swabi, etc. These scholarships have been awarded for pursuing:
As on 30th Sept. 2019, the PEEF has awarded 370,000 scholarships worth Rs. 19.40 billion. Furthermore, with the inclusion of current year’s scholarships (2019-20), the total number of scholarships awarded will be raised to more than 385,000.
The PEEF is registered with:
- Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under section 42 of Companies Ordinance, 1984.
- Federal Board of Revenue under section 10 of Finance Act 2001.
EHSAAS UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Education beyond intermediate is one of the ways to overcome poverty. However, access to higher education is itself distributed very unevenly. For example, only 0.4% of the children from the lowest income quintile (from the relevant age cohort) are enrolled in higher education institutions, which is far below the national average of 10%. Ehsaas scholarships aim to eliminate this source of unequal access.
According to the National Human Development Report 2017, Pakistan is one of the youngest country in the world. Realizing its demographic reality which has a population of around 220 million out of which more than half are of university age cohort, the priority of Government of Pakistan is to work on such programs which give drive to provide access to financially deserving and also encourages gender equity. The strategy is to create opportunities for a sizeable segment of youth to bring them under the net of higher education and create equal education opportunities for all.
- It is a paradigm shift in a policy of the Government of Pakistan to support undergraduate level students who after completing FA/FSc./Intermediate are unable to pursue university education due to limited financial resources. Unlike past financial assistance schemes that were aimed at MS or PhD programs, the Ehsas Undergraduate Scholarship Project focuses on the most critical segment, namely the 4-5year undergraduate programs, which contributes the most to income of the individual who completes the bachelors degree
- It is one of the sizeable project funding under Government of Pakistan’s Ehsaas social safety net program which aims to provide 50,000 undergraduate scholarships with an average budget of Rs.6 billion annually. Over a period of next four to five years these scholarships will be increased to around 200,000.
- Scholarship covers university tuition fee and stipend throughout four-five years of degree duration. It is a significant step to ensure affordable higher education in all major fields of education including agriculture, arts and humanities, business education, engineering, medical, physical sciences, and social sciences.
- The project aims to support female education therefore 50% of scholarships are reserved for the female students in the overall Project’s target.
- To encourage physically challenged students, 2% of the scholarships are reserved for them.
- It is a vibrant program which will facilitate creation of the competent workforce thus enhancing employability factors in youth.
- It foresees to create drive for education among those students who have discontinued studies due to limited financial issues.
- By targeting most vulnerable segment of young population through this initiative, poorer households would be enabled to come out of poverty, which in a long run expected to have positive impact on individuals, their families and the community.
- Students who are currently enrolled in Undergraduate degree programs in selected public sector universities
- Applicants who have secured admission on merit fulfilling admission criteria of the respective university
- Age limit will be followed as per university regulations for admission at the university
- Students already availing any other scholarship or grant from any other source are ineligible to apply
- Students who have secured admission on Self-sustain/Self- support/Self finance evening programs are ineligible
- Distant learning students /programs are ineligible.
How to Apply?
All students are required to apply through following HEC Online Application System:
Last Date of Online Application Submission is 10th December, 2019