Established in 2013, the Institute of Computer Science and Information Technology has developed strong academic and research programs to become one of the leading establishments in its field. This institute has nine faculty members consist of one assistant professor and eight lecturers well versed to conduct academic and research activities at national and international level. The Institute of CS and IT started MCS (Evening) program in 2014, BS (IT) program in 2015 and MIT program in 2016. In 2017 we will enrol students in MCS (M). Our two programs BS (CS) and BS (IT) have accredited with NCEAC (National Computing Education Accreditation Council), HEC (Higher Education Commission) Islamabad since December 2015.
Our vision is to achieve global recognition for our programs for their quality, breadth, and positive impact in the society and to develop innovative computer science and IT professionals with excellent interpersonal skills having the tendency to conduct their professional projects and research independently.
The Institute of Computer Science and Information Technology strives for excellence in creating, applying, and imparting knowledge in computer science and engineering through comprehensive educational programs, research in collaboration with industry and government, dissemination through scholarly publications, and service to professional societies, the community, the state, and the nation.
Educational objectives are as follows:
- Make valuable contributions in computer science and related engineering or application areas, particularly in software systems and algorithmic methods.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to function effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a sense of collaboration and ethical responsibility in all professional endeavors.
- Engage in professional development at graduation and post-graduation level to pursue flexible career paths and future technological transformation.
The field of Computer Science and Information Technology is very wide and also increasing its scope day by day. Computers are playing a vital role in every domain now. Computer specialists are continuously being sought after for innovation and computer enabled services. Computing professionals are likely to find themselves in a variety of environments in academics, research, industry, government, private and business organizations — analysing problems for solutions, formulating and testing, using advanced communications or multi-media equipment, or working in teams for product development.
Scope and Objectives
The objective of the Institute of Computer Science and Information Technology is to provide technology leadership, expertise and services to achieve goals of The Women University Multan by conducting computing & inter-disciplinary research. The Institute of Computer Science and Information Technology is committed to achieving its objectives through:
- Educating female students in the emerging fields of computer science and information technology.
- Providing leadership and awareness on the impact, resource utilization, and feasibility of technology implementations.
- Partnering with students, peer institutions, industry groups and vendors to ensure the technological goals of the university are realized.
- Providing knowledge-based solutions of the utmost quality, stability and reliability.
- Providing technology-focused education and enhanced computing experiences.
- Developing quality human beings with strong interpersonal and leadership capabilities through well planned co-curricular activities for positive growth and empowerment of society.