In 1947 Urdu Department was established in Govt. College for Women Kutchery Road Multan. Post graduate classes in Urdu were initiated in the year 2005 and BS- 4 years Honors in Urdu in the year 2010.
It is high time that Department of Urdu may be reengineered and redesigned under The Women University Multan to provide a high quality of education to the female students of this area.
The Ph.D, M.Phil., M.A and BS in Urdu are part of a multidimensional program. They provide students with comprehensive knowledge in various subjects. Students will get the opportunity to engage themselves in meaningful discussions and share their view on a variety of topic. Courses, seminars and research projects in the department are based around various subjects ranging from grammar all the way to latest literature.
Scope and Objectives
- Provide an opportunity for the female students of this area to acquire high quality education in Urdu literature.
- Preservation of ancient culture heritage of Multan by encouraging high quality research.
- Development of practical skill and knowledge to meet the global challenges.
- To enable the students to develop a sense of national identity and collective consciousness.
- To enable the students to bridge the gap between social sciences and natural sciences.
- Generate a heightened level of interest in the Urdu language.
- To enable our students to take advantage of the opportunities provided to them through our curriculum.
- Help mold the future generation of Urdu graduates into model citizens for the betterment of Pakistan.