The department of Statistics is well equipped to conduct teaching/research activities under the supervision of highly qualified faculty members. BS 4-Years program was started in 2010 in the old Govt. Post Graduate College for Women Kutchary Road Multan (GPCWM) that later merged into The Women University Multan on 24thFeb 2013. In the very second academic calendar 2015-16 of the university the M.Phil. in Statistics was offered with full vigor. The first successful session of M.Phil. Program has been passed out in 2017 successfully.
A well-equipped computer laboratory and HEC smart university internet is facilitating the academic and research activities. Department conduct different workshops to enhance the learning of the statistical software packages and languages.
To lead and partner in statistical systems for evidence-based decisions to Homeland Pakistan.
- To improve its teaching methods thereby deepening student understanding, including the use of new technology as a teaching tool, and maintain a diverse and modern curriculum at all levels.
- To convey a sense and importance of analytical and quantitative skills in contemporary society.
- To produce graduates who have a sound knowledge of the major areas of statistical methodology, founded on rigorous theoretical principles which equip the graduate to acquire further knowledge and skills for the benefit of the country.
- To promote the use and knowledge of Statistics in all fields in which Statistics can contribute to a better understanding of scientific and social phenomena and enhance the quality of decisions and conclusions.
- To contribute to the body of fundamental statistical science through research.
Highly qualified statisticians are in deficit in Pakistan. BS Statistics develops the ability to participate in project-based activities, train the graduates to pursue higher degrees and research in the discipline thereby opening new avenues for interdisciplinary research.
Scope and Objectives
The curriculum of programs is designed to develop highly educated researchers who are motivated and devoted to contribute to the economic and social development of the country. They are expected to develop qualities like
- Acquiring the Logical and Analytical skills.
- Strong Concept building.
- Statisticians quantified with high calibre and profile.