Department of Pharmacy will start admission for Pharm-D Degree program after getting NOC from the Pharmacy Council of Pakistan.
Pharmacy is a diverse and multi-disciplinary profession, with opportunities for patient care, scientific research and innovation. The scope of pharmacy profession includes more traditional roles such as compounding and dispensing. It contributes for modern services related to health care, including clinical services, reviewing medications for safety and efficacy, and provision of drug information. Pharmacists, therefore, are the experts on drug therapy and are the primary health professionals who help optimize rational use of medication for the benefit of the patients.
Pharmacists through their education and training can consider a drug molecule, together with its formulation and its delivery as a medicine. They have an in-depth knowledge of pharmacology and therapeutics, physicochemical properties of drugs and excipients, pharmacokinetics, ADRs, and drug interactions. According to the new WHO concept, Pharmacy is a seven-star profession, defining pharmacist as caregiver, communicator, decision-maker, teacher, life-long learner, leader and manager.
I feel delighted to introduce Department of Pharmacy (DOP), Women University, Multan (WUM).
The DOP has well-equipped laboratories, excellent library facility and has proposed a modern infrastructure that includes state-of-the-art laboratories for evaluation of novel targets in diverse research areas of health sciences. Further, the DOP has competent Faculty members with compatible professional interests in all disciplines of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
The scope of pharmacy profession besides having traditional roles such as compounding and dispensing is rapidly growing in the field of research and development and is ranked as one of the most rapidly emerging life-saving professions globally.
I admire focus on personality development along with basic education to undergraduates and professional training/research work to post graduates. With the passage of time, I visualize DOP to develop as a “center of distinction” proving itself through the standards of teaching, research, morals and ethics. DOP expects our future Pharmacists to be competent professionals after getting their degrees who can play their role as a member of health care system in community.
You are motivated to initiate and/or peruse your promising career with the future upcoming undergraduate (Pharm-D) degree and M.Phil. PhD programs at DOP to serve as competent health care providers throughout Pakistan and beyond!
Department of Pharmacy logo:
To achieve excellence in Pharmacy education in Pakistan through teaching, innovative learning, research, community engagement and inter-professional collaboration.
To prepare qualified Pharmacy graduates with strong professional knowledge, skills and attributes in the field of Pharmaceutical sciences helping to improve the health care system and wellbeing of the community facing challenging environment
- Priority Area-1: FIRST DEGREE EDUCATION
Offer academic Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm-D) degree program that will invite the finest undergraduate students to The Women University Multan (WUM).
- Implement such Pharmacy education that meets required national/international standards.
- Create zones that will highlight the entry-to-practice Pharm-D program.
- Improve procedures that will evaluate the quality of students and success of degree program.
- Assessing and ensuring the feasibility of undergraduate degree in pharmaceutical sciences.
- Priority Area-2: RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Improve population health through advanced research and development.
- Provide faculty with suitable dedicated phase and stage for research and development.
- Promote essential research abilities, writing and publication capability.
- Create a healthy infrastructure for the provision of all educational activities.
- Priority Area 3: HEALTH CARE AND COMMUNITY PHARMACY
Produce awareness in our communities through outreach activities and commitments.
- Act as a resource and provider of pharmacy and health-related information to our local community.
- Establish continued and sustainable health-related outreach activities that promote education and scholarship in our community, nationally and globally.
- Provide the opportunity for participation and promote leadership in government, scientific and professional organizations.
- Develop and implement innovative clinical practice models with healthcare partners.
- Priority Area-4: NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL LINKAGES
MOU with industries, hospitals and herbal laboratories to develop industrial and academia linkages for student training, collaboration for research and development, and projects execution
- Provides student with exposure to real-world research problems
- Create excellent evidence for the design and delivery of our medicines.
- Sharing knowledge, skills set and resources for attaining mutually compatible goals of research, innovation and commercialization.
Scope and Objectives
- To develop leaders in Pharmacy profession, enabling them to think critically and work seamlessly to provide quality services to the community, hospitals, industry and the government.
- To promote quality, efficacy and safety of drugs through innovation in pharmaceutical and clinical research.
- To enhance pharmacist’s role in patient care by imparting professional attitude and willingness to work as a team member in health care settings.
- To conduct courses for the pharmacy professionals to update their skills and knowledge.
- To share our knowledge and expertise with professional colleagues, industry leaders, and policy makers.