The Department of Islamic Studies has been running since 2004 under the kind supervision of Prof. Mrs. Qudsia Khakwani (Head of department). BS (Islamic Studies) has been started from September 2010 in former Govt. Post Graduate College for Women Multan (Affiliated with Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan). The Government shall, by notification, reconstitute the Govt. Post Graduate College for Women Multan as The Women University Multan under the Act 2012(V of 2013). The department of Islamic Studies is as Islamic Studies & Comparative Religions since 2013. The department holds its distinction being versatile in day to day life of each human being as a Muslim. Since the inauguration of BS (4- Years) program in the discipline of Islamic Studies, it has established, it worth among the applications. A good merit policy is maintained with a dedicated faculty to teach the HEC recognized syllabi
- To contribute to society through the pursuit of Islamic education and research and be able to respond effectively to the posed modern-day challenges.
- To train students to develop Islamic values along with social morals, ethics and skills to work diligently and to function benevolently in all avenues of life.
- To build a cohesive, proud and sovereign nation.
- To restore the full meaning of education by offering an opportunity to study, comprehensively and critically, the syllabus of a classical education in the Islamic sciences sensitively adapted for our time.
Institute of Islamic Studies aims to be recognized as the Islamic world knowledge hub that delivers and caters world class research, teaching and learning environment by developing, expanding and enhancing research programs led by exemplary faculty for competent and efficient students. It intends to enable students to serve as faithful representatives of a practiced Islam that is, according to the pattern of God’s Messenger and his Companions, gracious and patient with religious diversity; an Islam based on sound knowledge that the students have acquired for themselves and which they carry back into their communities; an Islam practiced as a commitment to respect, care for and serve others; an Islam secured not by attachment to communal identity but by attachment to God. To develop and support harmony between different religions and sects of society and to relate to others with tolerance, respect and consideration, whatever their beliefs and attitudes may be.
The BS; M.A.; M. Phil & Ph.D. Programs in Islamic Studies are designed primarily for students desiring to prepare for an Academic Career. It may, however, be found useful for students seeking a general Education and whose career will be aided by a knowledge of the people, languages, and institutions. Such a career might be centered on teaching, research, business, journalism, librarianship, government service, etc. Most individuals who complete such a degree program in Islamic Studies continue on to a related above-mentioned degree program. However, there are career options available for graduates, such as:
- Researcher / Advisor
- Business consultant
Scope and Objectives
- Serve as a think tank in the field of Islamic education, culture and knowledge
- Directing research and studies to develop Islamic thought
- Promoting and enhancing cross-cutting and multi- disciplinary research initiatives
- Holding specialized scholarly, intellectual and cultural conferences, seminars and study circles
- Enable graduates to achieve high-level professional objectives and assume leadership roles by acquiring up-to-date knowledge and advanced skills
- Enable students to develop critical thinking skills and impart to them the values of lifelong learning.