The department of Environmental Sciences aims to understand the environment using input from a wide variety of science disciplines including biology, chemistry, geography, earth sciences, physics and engineering in conjunction with social sciences like economics and human geography. This understanding can be applied to the assessment and solution of environmental problems caused by human activity.
Environmental Sciences focuses on environmental effects of human activity and is dedicated to protecting and restoring natural heritage, minimizing human impact and restoring environmental degradation.
Our central philosophy is a commitment to interdisciplinary teaching and research that will better enable our society to manage our environment and resources. Environmental Sciences gives an understanding of both natural and human induced environmental problems, focus on real world issues and application, such as food security, climate change, energy security, pollution and natural hazards.
Due to above mentioned importance, department of Environmental Sciences is going to offer BS 4-year program of studies under The Women University Multan. The curriculum has been developed under the guideline of Higher Education Commission to cover all the recent areas of Environmental Sciences. Undergraduate courses are designed to add interdisciplinary skills to strengths in a particular scientific discipline.
Teaching laboratories in the institute are reasonably equipped with scientific equipment. As an adequate collection of text books and reference book is available in the library. Department has qualified faculty environment and resources. Environmental Sciences gives an understanding of both natural and human induced environmental problems, focuses on real world issues and application, such as food security, climate change, energy security, pollution and natural hazards.
Teaching laboratories in the institute are reasonably equipped with scientific equipment. Furthermore, an adequate collection of text books and reference book is available in the library and the department has qualified faculty.
Scope and Objectives
- To assist in the sustainable management of natural resources and the environment through manpower and knowledge development.
- To update, modernize and develop programs as par excellence.
- To develop an understanding of the physical landscape and how society impacts on the environment.
- To investigate environmental issues from various perspectives, including scientific, political, legal and philosophical positions in order to draw their solutions.
- To deal with local and global environmental issues both academically and practically.
- To play an important role in national development by its involvement in national and international committees, development projects and activities, the conductance of applied research, dissemination of research findings, creating awareness on environmental issues among the general public etc.