The Department of Chemistry was established in 1953 and was working under the umbrella of Government Post Graduate College Multan, which has now been upgraded to offer BS (4-year), M.Sc., M.Phil./MS and Ph.D. Program of studies under The Women University Multan. Curricula have been developed under the guideline of Higher Education Commission to cover all the recent areas of Chemistry. Department has qualified faculty with diversified fields of interest. It has five divisions.
- Inorganic Chemistry Division
- Organic Chemistry Division
- Physical Chemistry Division
- Biochemistry Division
- Analytical Division
The Department of Chemistry endeavours to be a nationally-recognized model for educating students to compete with ever-changing working environment. We prepare students for a diverse and changing world. We strive to contribute to a chemically literate society through teaching (through subject classes, labs, and research) and research.
Department of Chemistry pledges itself to contribute in advancement of science and particularly chemistry in all of its branches through its education and research. With a high standard of excellence in all areas, the graduates will be knowledgeable in chemistry and able to think critically. Our mission is to provide creative and supportive atmosphere for faculty-mentored research and student-centred learning.
All programs (BS. M.Sc. M.Phil. and Ph.D.) are focused to develop the linkage with local and foreign institutions, encouraging long term sustainable scientific collaborations. The long-term goal is to up-lift the all programs (BS. M.Sc. M.Phil. and Ph.D.) according to international standard.
Scope and Objectives
The Department of Chemistry is committed
- To provide a Quality Education.
- To create logical approach through skills and tools
- To develop confidence and improve students’ skills and abilities.
- To enhance the knowledge to scholars/ students and its implementation.
- To produce high quality professionals and scientists
- To improve academic standard in this region.
- To make a significant contribution in the areas of medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and related fields.
The Department houses different laboratories equipped with different types of equipment’s.