Department of Applied Psychology was established in 2013. This department is going to offer BS Applied Psychology (4-years), M.Sc. Applied Psychology (2 Years) and M.Phil. Applied Psychology (2 Years) of studies under The Women University, Multan. Submission of a large number of applications for admissions in different programs each year is indicative of not only the reputation of the subject of Applied Psychology but also of the Department of Applied Psychology.
- To produce trained psychologists, behavioural scientists and mental health professionals that may serve the community well.
- To contribute in the field of psychology by producing the devoted community services through mental health experts, critical thinkers, future behaviour scientists, and practitioners in the field of Applied Psychology.
- To provide high quality academic and practical training in Basic and Applied Psychology and its allied fields of specialization.
- To train and encourage the students by imparting knowledge of psychology.
- To Prepare the students for careers in teaching, health, assessment, research, community services to meet the demand in different sectors such as Industry, Military, Government, Mental Health, Social Welfare, Counselling and Guidance Centres, Educational Departments, Prisons, NGOs and Police and Rescue Departments.
- Carry out and publishing high quality original research on topics relevant to our social problems as well as international issues.
Scope and Objectives
BS-program is in parallel to those of Bachelor of Medicine, Engineering and Bachelor of Agriculture where top class students of the intermediate class get admission after a through scrutiny. This program is focused to develop the linkage between the local and foreign institutions encouraging long term sustainable scientific collaborations. The long-term goal is to up lift the program in the national educational institutions and bring them as per with the international standard.
Psychology is a dynamic and practiced subject, its objectives are
- Give directions, awareness, information and suggesting port problematic situations.
- Develop confidence and improve skills and abilities.
- The persuasion of truth of knowledge and its implementation.
- Develop high quality professionals.